General Faculty Council
The General Faculty Council (GFC) is comprised of faculty representatives elected by Weill Cornell Medicine’s academic departments, as well as faculty members elected to represent key affiliated organizations, such as Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Hospital for Special Surgery. Non-voting members of the GFC include representatives from every administrative area of the institution.
The GFC, together with the Executive Faculty Council, has the duty to determine the entrance requirements for students; to prescribe and define courses of study for them; to determine the requirements for such degrees as are offered to students; to recommend to the Board of Fellows and university president candidates for degrees who have fulfilled the requirements therefore; to enact and enforce rules for the guidance and supervision of students in their academic work; and in general to exercise jurisdiction over the academic interests of students and all other educational matters at Weill Cornell Medicine.
The faculty councils also are key components in the flow of information between the faculty and the administration. Members of the two councils have the responsibility to bring information and concerns forward from their constituencies, as well as to serve as an information resource on policy and procedural questions emanating from the administration through the council review and approval process. In addition to the general review conducted by the full council, each council has from time to time established topic-specific committees to address key areas of concern to their membership.
The faculty councils may be reached through the Weill Cornell Office of the Secretary by email to email@example.com or by phone at (212) 746-6010.
General Faculty Council 2023-2024
- GFC Chair
- Emergency Medicine Rep.
- GFC Vice Chair
- Research Rep. - Cell & Developmental Biology
- GFC Secretary
- Psychiatry Rep.
- Urology Rep.
- Area Affiliate Rep. - NYP/Brooklyn Methodist
- Population Health Sciences Rep.
- Cell & Developmental Biology Rep.
- Pathology & Laboratory Medicine Rep.
- Radiology (Imaging-Research) Rep.
- Psychiatry Rep.
- Rehabilitation Medicine Rep.
- Neurological Surgery Rep.
- Medicine 5 Rep.
- MSKCC Rep.
- Radiation Oncology Rep.
- Genetic Medicine Rep.
- Voluntary Faculty Rep., Endocrinology
- Hematology & Oncology Division Rep.
- Surgery Rep.
- Research Rep. - Neuroscience
- Physiology & Biophysics Rep.
- Otolaryngology Rep.
- Anesthesiology (Early-Career Rep.)
- Neurology Rep.
- Vol. Faculty Rep. - Psychiatry
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Rep.
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Rep.
- Medicine 4 Rep.
- Area Affiliate Rep. - Lincoln Hospital
- Microbiology and Immunology Rep.
- Med 1 (General Medicine Plus)
- Dermatology Rep.
- Pharmacology Rep.
- Area Affiliate Rep. - NYP/Queens
- Orthopaedic Surgery Rep.
- Postdoctoral Associate Rep.
- Radiology (Procedural) Rep.
- Anesthesiology (Mid-Late Career) Rep.
- HSS Rep.
- Biochemistry Rep.
- Feil Family Brain and Mind Research Institute Rep.
- Medicine 3 Rep.
- Ophthalmology Rep.
- Pediatrics (Early-Career Rep.)
- Pediatrics (Mid-to late Career Rep)