Training and Education Programs Overview
The Clinical and Translational Education Program (CTEP) is a well-coordinated and integrated clinical and translational (C/T) research training program utilizing the diverse trans-institutional faculty for teaching and mentoring. The program currently offers three degree options for classroom-based training: An Advanced Certificate in Clinical & Translational Investigation, Certificate in Clinical Research Methodology, and a Master's Degree in Clinical & Translational Investigation. In addition, the CTSC offers pre-doctoral and post-doctoral training awards in the form of TL1 and KL2 grants and a Summer Fellowship for Medical Students; applications are solicited through specific dated announcements which are posted on the CTSC Web site (see Pre-Doctoral and Post-Doctoral Training link at right). TL1 and KL2 awardees participate in didactic training. Trainees carrying out clinical/translational mentored research have access to an expanded clinical research center (PCIR), technical and support core facilities, many other state-of-the-art facilities, and a large and diverse patient population.
Training and Education Applications
To view the CTSC 2017 Education and Training RFAs, please click on the below links:
Upcoming Training and Education Events:
For details and RSVP instructions click on the below links or email CTSC-Education@med.cornell.edu.
- Friday, November 11, 2016: CTSC Research in Progress Luncheon
- Wednesday, November 30, 2016. Drug and Medical Device Development: From Pre-Clinical Testing to FDA Approval
- Friday, December 2, 2016. CTSC Education and Seed Funding Open House
- Friday, December 16, 2016. Clinical Research in Outcomes Analysis, Psychometric Measurements, Clinical Genetics, Biological Markers, Early Detection, Epidemiology, and Chemoprevention
- Tuesday, January 10, 2017. CTSC Education and Funding Application Clinic
- Monday, January 23, 2017. CRMC Biostatistics Course Starts
- Friday, February 3, 2017. CTSC Research in Progress Luncheon
- Monday, March 13, 2017. Pre-Seed Workshop 2017
- Friday, April 7, 2017. CTSC Research in Progress Luncheon
Recent Training and Education Events:
For additional resources click on the below links.