Training and Education Programs Overview
The Clinical and Translational Education Program (CTEP) is a well-coordinated and integrated clinical and translational (C/T) research training program utilizing the diverse trans-institutional faculty for teaching and mentoring. The program currently offers three degree options for classroom-based training: An Advanced Certificate in Clinical & Translational Investigation, Certificate in Clinical Research Methodology, and a Master's Degree in Clinical & Translational Investigation. In addition, the CTSC offers pre-doctoral and post-doctoral training awards in the form of TL1 and KL2 grants and a Summer Fellowship for Medical Students; applications are solicited through specific dated announcements which are posted on the CTSC Web site (see Pre-Doctoral and Post-Doctoral Training link at right). TL1 and KL2 awardees participate in didactic training. Trainees carrying out clinical/translational mentored research have access to an expanded clinical research center (PCIR), technical and support core facilities, many other state-of-the-art facilities, and a large and diverse patient population.
Training and Education Applications
To view the CTSC 2016 Education and Training RFAs, please click on the below links:
Upcoming Training and Education Events:
For details and RSVP instructions click on the below links or email CTSC-Education@med.cornell.edu.
Recent Training and Education Events:
For additional resources click on the below links.
- Tuesday-Wednesday, March 29-30, 2016: CTSC Optimizing the Practice of Mentoring Workshop
- Thursday, April 7th, 2016: Cultural Competencies Training: LGBT Communications and Health Needs
- Wednesday, December 2, 2015: Opportunities and Tools for Conducting Community Research
- Thursday, December 17, 2015: CTSC Education and Seeding Funding Information Session
- Friday, February 5, 2016: Research In Progress Luncheon
- Wednesday, November 4, 2015: More than the Sum of the Parts: Introduction to the Science of Team Science.