Malpractice - for information please write Risk Management or call (212) 746-6180.

Our new Property Insurance Protection Plan gives departments an opportunity to have an insurance funding vehicle for property losses up to $100,000 for each and every loss since these are not covered by the College’s commercial property insurance program.

Insurance policies for Health, Disability and Personal Property are available to students of Weill Cornell.

Human Resources manages Workers' Compensation [Intranet] insurance for all employees.


Please visit Weill Cornell Finance's page regarding Automobile usage [PDF]. View page 14 & 15 of the document for information on rental cars and page 16 for information on personally owned vehicles.

CAUTION WHEN USING YOUR OWN VEHICLE - If you use your own vehicle for College business, it is your responsibility to have adequate personal insurance coverage for yourself, your vehicle, and any passengers; therefore, a traveler should review his/her personal insurance coverage prior to using his/her vehicle for College business. Damage to your personal vehicle is NOT reimbursable by the College or Cornell University.

Note: You should consult with your insurance agent to determine appropriate auto insurance coverage. Your personal vehicle insurance is the primary insurance coverage when using a personal vehicle for College/University business.

VEHICLE ACCIDENTS - If you have an auto accident while using a Cornell/Medical College owned, leased or rented vehicle, click this link, review the Cornell Vehicle Use policy, and follow instructions for reporting an incident/accident/claim. To review the Weill Cornell Vehicle use policy, click here.

Top of page