Beginning December 7, 2009, all IRB submissions will be sent to the IRB Office through the JIRA Tracking System. Electronic submission will remain the same using Adobe Acrobat and Submit2IRB@med.cornell.edu.
Once submitted all communication, resubmission of information and protocol status updates will be automated via the JIRA System. In order to communicate directly with the IRB Contact that has been assigned to the submission, simply "Reply" to the automatic email sent from JIRA or click on the URL in the body of the automatic email, sign into the system using your CWID and password and "Comment" on the submission. Please do not email the IRB Contact directly.
The main advantages of JIRA
- Email notifications to the research teams when any action is performed by either the research team or the IRB on a protocol submission (e.g., submission assignment to an IRB administrator, change in status, comment is made requiring additional information).
- Online availability of the submission status.
- All activity on a submission is kept in one ticket with a time stamp, who performed the action, and a description of the action.
- Ability to view past IRB protocol submissions and attachments that were submitted with JIRA.
- Ability to sort, filter and search through all IRB submissions that were submitted with JIRA.
|JIRA System Terminology|
|Key: (IRBSUB-10) - a unique identifier that JIRA assigns to each submission. If a user signs into JIRA in order to check a status of a submission, the "Key" will be used to locate the submission. This does NOT replace a protocol number.|
|Reporter: Person that has sent the submission to the IRB Office.|
|Assignee: The IRB Contact that has been assigned to the submission. Please Note: this can change throughout the lifecycle of the submission.|
|Issues: Reported by Current user: This is a list of all the users active open submissions sent to the IRB Office. Please Note: If you use JIRA for another institutional function such as Accounts Payable, open issues from that department will be listed here as well.|
|Email Subject Line Terminology|
|Note: Status is listed in the body of the email or the left navigational bar within JIRA.|
|Created: Submission has been sent to the IRB Office and a ticket has been created in JIRA.|
|In Review: The IRB Contact assigned to the submission will be contacting you through JIRA to give and request additional information.|
|Updated: Change to the status of the submission (ex. Modifications Required or Deferred), significant information added to submission (ex. Protocol Number, added Attachment, cc Notification added) or communication coming to and from the IRB Office in regards to the submission.|
|Commented: Communication coming to and from the IRB Office in regards to the submission.|
|Closed: The submission has been closed in JIRA for a number of reasons, which may include but is not limited to: