The goal of Research Development at Weill Cornell Medical College is to assist faculty members to identify and successfully compete for non-traditional extramural research funding. The following services are provided:
- Identify and disseminate funding information including award announcements - Request For Applications (RFA), Request For Proposals (RFP), Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA), etc.
- Work with faculty to develop and implement strategies that increase investigator competitiveness
- Provide proposal development support
- Create and foster relationships with funding institutions
- Act as a liaison with Grants & Contracts, Development, Faculty Diversity, CTSC and other WCMC departments
- Enhance the profile of faculty members and their research strengths
WCMC faculty are encouraged to contact Brian Lamon, Ph.D. for any questions regarding the details of a funding opportunity (eligibility, selection criteria, timeline) or if they would like assistance with the preparation of an award (LOI drafting, proposal development, pre-submission process, contacting funding agencies).
Brian D. Lamon, PhD
Assistant Dean, Research Development
Assistant Professor, Pathology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Phone: (212) 746-6720