Scientific Life for Postdoctoral Study Resources
- Making the Right Moves: A Practical Guide to Scientific Management for Postdocs and New Faculty. http://www.hhmi.org/resources/labmanagement/moves.html
- Based on courses held in 2002 and 2005 by the Burroughs Wellcome Fund and HHMI, this book is a collection of practical advice and experiences from seasoned biomedical investigators. The second edition contains three new chapters on laboratory leadership, project management, and teaching and course design.
- Career Planning Resources, made available by the National Postdoctoral Association. http://www.nationalpostdoc.org/careers/career-planning-resources
- Career Advice for Life Scientists http://www.ascb.org/newsfiles/cals1.pdf and Career Advice for Life Scientists, Vol. 2, http://www.ascb.org/newsfiles/cals2.pdf made available from the American Society for Cell Biology career webpage. http://www.ascb.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=607&Itemid=36
- Science Careers, from the journal Science. http://sciencecareers.sciencemag.org/career_magazine