Jonathan W. Weinsaft, MA., MD.
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Medicine in Radiology
520 E 70th Street
New York, NY 10021
jww2001 [at] med [dot] cornell [dot] EDU
1997, MD. in Medicine, New York University School of Medicine
1993, MA. in Political Science, New York University
1992, BA. in Political Science, New York University
Positions and Honors:
1997-2000 Residency (Internal Medicine), New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY
2000-2003 Fellowship (Cardiology), New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY
2003-2004 Fellowship (Cardiac MRI), Duke University, Durham, NC
2004-2005 Associate (Medicine/Cardiology), Duke University, Durham NC
2005-present Assistant Professor of Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY
1997 Alpha Omega Alpha, New York University
2000 David Rogers Memorial Research Award, New York Presbyterian Hospital
2001 American Heart Association Laennec Society Young Clinician Award
2003 American Society of Nuclear Cardiology Young Investigator Award
2005 Michael J. Wolk Foundation Clinical Scholar, New York Presbyterian Hospital
2008 Sir William Osler Young Investigator Award, Interurban Clinical Club
1. Weinsaft J, Wong F, Walden J, Szulc M, Okin P, Kligfield P. Anatomic Distribution of Myocardial Ischemia as a Determinant of Exercise-Induced ST Segment Depression. American Journal of Cardiology 2005; 96:1356-1360.
2. Klem I, Heitner JF, Shah DJ, Sketch MH, Behar V, Weinsaft J, Cawley P, Parker M, Elliott M, Judd RM, Kim RJ. Improved Detection of Coronary Artery Disease by Stress Perfusion Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging with the Use of Delayed Enhancement Infarction Imaging. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 2005; 47: 1630-1638.
4. Weinsaft JW, Hickey K, Bokhari S, Shazad A, Bedding A, Costigan TM, Wardner MR, Emmick JT, Bermann SR. Effects of Tadalafil on Myocardial Blood Flow in Patients with Coronary Artery Disease. Coronary Artery Disease 2006; 17: 493-499.
5. Krauser DM, Cham MD, Tortolani AJ, Kim RM, Yang XJ, Min JK, Weinsaft JW. Clinical Utility of Delayed Contrast CT for Tissue Characterization of Cardiac Thrombus. Journal of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography 2007; 1: 114-118.
6. Min JK, Shaw LJ, Devereux RB, Okin PM, Weinsaft JW, Russo DJ, Lippolis NJ, Berman DS, Callister TO. Prognostic Value of Multidetector Coronary Computed Tomographic Angiography for Prediction of All-Cause Mortality. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 2007; 50: 1161-70.
7. Weinsaft JW, Cham M, Janik M, Min J, Henschke C, Yankelevitz D, Devereux RB. Left Ventricular Papillary Muscles and Trabeculae are Significant Determinants of Cardiac MRI Volumetric Measurements: Effects on Clinical Standards in Patients with Advanced Systolic Dysfunction. International Journal of Cardiology 2007; 126: 359-65.
8. Weinsaft JW, Gade CL, Wong FJ, Kim HW, Min JK, Manoushagian SJ, Okin PM, Szulc M. Diagnostic impact of SPECT image display on assessment of obstructive coronary artery disease. J Nucl Cardiol 2007; 14: 659-68.
9. Patel A, Au E, Donegan K, Kim RJ, Lin FY, Stein KM, Markowitz SM, Iwai S, Weinsaft JW, Min JK, Lerman BB. Multidetector row computed tomography for identification of left atrial appendage filling defects in patients undergoing pulmonary vein isolation for treatment of atrial fibrillation: comparison with transesophageal echocardiography. Heart Rhythm 2008; 5: 253-60.
10. Nguyen TD, Spincemaille P, Cham MD, Weinsaft JW, Prince JW Wang Y. Free-breathing 3D Steady-State Free Precession Coronary Magnetic Resonance Angiography: Comparison of Diaphragm and Cardiac Fat Navigators. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging 2008; 28: 509-14.
11. Nguyen TD, Spincemaille P, Weinsaft JW, Ho BY, Cham M, Prince MR, Wang Y. A Fast Navigator-Gated 3D Sequence for Delayed Enhancement MRI of the Myocardium: Comparison with Breath-Hold 2D Imaging. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging 2008; 27: 802-808.
12. Codella N, Weinsaft JW, Cham MD, Janik M, Prince M, Wang Y. Automated Soft Segmentation of the Left Ventricle using Myocardial Effusing Threshold Reduction and Intravoxel Computation (METRIC). Radiology 2008; 248: 1004-12.
13. Weinsaft JW, Kim HW, Shah D, Klem I, Crowley AL, Brosnan R, James OG, Patel MR, Heitner J, Parker M, Velazquez EJ, Steenbergen C, Judd RM, Kim RJ . Delayed Enhancement CMR for High Sensitivity Diagnosis of Left Ventricular Thrombus: Prevalence and Predictors in Patients with Systolic Dysfunction. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 2008; 52: 148-57.
14. Janik M, Cham MD, Ross MI, Wang Y, Codella N, Min JK, Prince MR, Manoushagian S, Okin PM, Devereux RB, Weinsaft JW. Effects of Papillary Muscles and Trabeculae on Left Ventricular Quantification: Increased Impact of Methodological Variability in Patients with Ventricular Hypertrophy. Journal of Hypertension 2008; 26: 1677-85.
15. Weinsaft JW, Manoushagian SJ, Patel T, Shakoor A, Kim RJ, Mirchandani S, Lin F, Wong FJ, Szulc M, Okin PM, Kligfield PD, Min JK. Stress-Induced ST-Segment Deviation in Relation to the Presence and Severity of Coronary Artery Disease in Patients with Normal Myocardial Perfusion Imaging. Coronary Artery Disease 2009; 20: 41-49.
1. Weinsaft JW, Edelberg J. Aging Associated Changes in Vascular Activity – A Potential Link to Geriatric Cardiovascular Disease. American Journal of Geriatric Cardiology 2007; 25: 35-56.
2. Weinsaft JW, Klem I, Judd RM. MRI for the Assessment of Myocardial Viability. Magnetic Resonance Imaging Clinics of North America 2007; 15: 505-525.
3. Weinsaft JW, Klem I, Judd RM. Magnetic Resonance Imaging for the Assessment of Myocardial Viability. Clinical Cardiology 2007; 25: 35-56.
4. Wang Y, Nguyen TD, Spincemaille P, Cham M, Prince M, Weinsaft JW. Non-Invasive Functional Imaging of the Heart Using MRI: Opportunities and Challenges. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Conference Proceedings, 2007.
5. Glasofer S, Weinsaft JW. Magnetic Resonance Imaging for Assessment of the Post Myocardial Infarction Heart. Emerging Concepts in Cardiology: Topics in Structural Heart Disease (in press).