Videos for the Weill Cornell and NewYork-Presbyterian web sites are directed by Information Technologies & Services (ITS). Camera, production, and post-production work is outsourced to an approved studio, hired and managed by ITS. Videos are typically produced in a PBS or news documentary style with a combination of talking head shots, "action footage" of the faculty, student or staff members, and scientific imagery and animations.
Sample videos can be viewed online at:
- Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences
- Weill Cornell Neurosurgery
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Video documentation of symposiums, grand rounds, lectures, or other events should be coordinated through the Audio/Visual Department.
What Is Included
A single day of Production includes:
- 1 hour of camera and lights set-up per interview location
- 1 hour of camera and lights break-down per interview location
- 2-3 interviews (including single or multiple faculty) and interview locations
- 2-3 adjacent locations for "action footage"
Each individual faculty, clinical service, research, or medical education video is generally edited to around 5 minutes for optimal web viewing.
ITS negotiated the following rates with two separate New York-based video production companies:
A single day of video production will generally require at least one day of video post-production.