Webmail - Service Level Agreement
Objectives And Scope
Webmail refers to the web-based interface of the Weill Cornell Medical College (WCMC) and NewYork-Presbyterian email system. Webmail allowing users to access, send, receive, and manage their emails from anywhere without having to be on the WCMC or NewYork-Presbyterian network. It provides another way to access your email, in addition to a desktop client such as Eudora and Thunderbird.
ITS currently provides two distinct webmail interfaces:
- The legacy version provides a traditional webmail experience.
WCMC Faculty and Department/Division Administrators receive email accounts allowing them to store approximately 24,000 messages. Email attachments up to 75 megabytes in size are supported. To send larger attachments, please use the File Transfer service.
Mail is expected to be available outside a two-hour weekly maintenance window. Often, maintenance does not affect availability, but if it might, there will be advance notice.
ITS cannot guarantee service levels when faced with circumstances beyond our control. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Natural or man-made disasters
- Electrical or network outages or disruptions
- Equipment failure unrelated to abuse or neglect
- Attacks on the WCMC network
QualityWhat Is Included
Both versions of webmail feature:
- Secure access to your WCMC or NewYork-Presbyterian email account through a web browser.
- Ability to create a signature file that will be applied to all emails created in the webmail system.
- Ability to set an auto-response vacation message to notify senders when you are out of the office.
- Support from 7AM-7PM Monday thru Friday, with on-call support for system interruptions during after-hours.
The March 2009 version also features:
- A tabbed, three-pane interface similar to desktop clients, with an IMAP-based folders list and message preview view.
- Access to the WCMC and NewYork-Presbyterian directories through the Address Book module.
Email transmissions are expected to be available from the server within fifteen minutes of their origination or arrival in the server.
- Provided at no additional cost to users with an active email account.