Webmail refers to the web-based interface of the Weill Cornell Medical College (WCMC) and NewYork-Presbyterian email system. Webmail allowing users to access, send, receive, and manage their emails from anywhere without having to be on the WCMC or NewYork-Presbyterian network. It provides another way to access your email, in addition to a desktop client such as Eudora and Thunderbird.
ITS currently provides two distinct webmail interfaces:
- The legacy version provides a traditional webmail experience.
What Is Included
Both versions of webmail feature:
- Secure access to your WCMC or NewYork-Presbyterian email account through a web browser.
- Ability to create a signature file that will be applied to all emails created in the webmail system.
- Ability to set an auto-response vacation message to notify senders when you are out of the office.
The March 2009 version also features:
- A tabbed, three-pane interface similar to desktop clients, with an IMAP-based folders list and message preview view.
- Access to the WCMC and NewYork-Presbyterian directories through the Address Book module.
Provided at no additional cost to users with an active email account.