Co-location is a custom application hosting solution that provides a network connection, rack, power, and cooling for rack mountable servers that you own and manage in a shared, college-owned data center. Co-location is attractive for people who have server hardware and OS management expertise but need a controlled data center environment. ITS security standards apply and physical access to servers in the data center is limited and is by appointment only.
What Is Included
- Dedicated rack space for your hardware
- UPS protected power
- All necessary network connections
- ITS managed cooling and humidity regulation
- Secure data center facility for your servers
Price varies based on cost and complexity of the co-location setup. Customers must agree and are required to:
- Purchase rack mountable servers.
- Setup and configure servers.
- Manage the ongoing operation of the servers.