Supported Operating Systems
An operating system is the software that provides the interface between a user and computer. With ITS' supported list of operating systems, you will be able to access and receive support for WCMC services.
NOTE: ITS is in the process of testing Microsoft Windows 8 for software compatibility, stability and security issues and will begin full support of the Operating System after all major issues have been resolved or patched.
ITS currently provides application support the following operating systems:
- Windows 7 Enterprise for all new PC connections
- Windows XP Professional for new connections ONLY if Windows 7 has technical limitations
- Limited support for Windows 2000 on devices actively connected to the WCMC network. ITS will not reconnect previously disconnected Windows 2000 computer. Consultation service required to re-install Windows 2000 on computers that require it
- Mac OS X 10.7 and higher for all new Mac connections.
- Limited support for Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6 on devices that are actively connected to the WCMC network. ITS will not reconnect previously disconnected Macs running these OS X versions. Consultation service required to re-install Mac OS 10.5 and lower on computers that require it
ITS does not currently provide application support for:
- Any flavors of Linux or Unix
- "Classic" Mac OS, including OS 9 and lower
- Old versions of Windows, including Windows NT, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows Server, Windows XP Home, Windows XP 64 Bit
- Any version of Windows Vista
Windows 7 is certified to work with all ITS supported application but cannot be use with the managed profile in the WBG building.
What Is Included
- Remote and on-site hardware, application and network support for supported operating systems
- Access to available services on the WCMC network; including, network connectivity, e-mail, chat messaging and a host of other services
- The cost of your operating system is determined by your computer vendor and is usually included in the cost of a new computer
- If you need assistance upgrading your operating system, the ITS Helpdesk can provide assistance on a consultation basis