Central File Sharing - Service Level Agreement
Objectives And Scope
In order to meet the WCMC communities' growing and diverse disk storage requirements, Information Technologies and Services (ITS) has developed a tiered storage strategy to provide different levels of storage services at competitive pricing. A tiered solution has the advantage of providing only the storage, security and backup features that are required by the types of files and data being stored while leveraging enterprise class technologies which provide optimal economies of scale that reduce costs charged back to you as overall usage increases. Our goal is to provide a sustainable and scalable storage solution that meets the price and feature functionality requirements of the WCMC community.
Central File Sharing service does not designate limits/maximum storage, however incremental requirements will add cost. Please see cost section for that detail.
Central File Sharing service is expected to be available outside a two-hour weekly maintenance window. Often, maintenance does not affect availability, but if it might, there will be advance notice.
ITS cannot guarantee service levels when faced with circumstances beyond our control. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Natural or man-made disasters
- Electrical or network outages or disruptions
- Equipment failure unrelated to abuse or neglect
- Attacks on the WCMC network
QualityWhat Is Included - Basic Service
The Basic tier is intended for storing non-mission critical computer data or as a place to store non-sensitive research data. This storage provides optimum price per performance for research data sets with the reliability and availability of an enterprise storage solution. Consideration must be given to the cost of this tier vs. the enhanced tier if it is impossible or cost-prohibitive to reproduce this data. Example: Raw sequence data
- No data backup
- No emergency generator power
- Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM, with best effort support for system interruptions during after-hours.
What Is Included - Enhanced Service
The other two tier storage offerings are Enhanced and Enterprise.
The Enhanced tier is intended for important but non-mission-critical data. This storage is also useful for research data that requires tape backup, typically when it is impossible or cost prohibitive to reproduce the data. Example: Research images that cannot be recreated or scanned data entry forms.
- Standard folder structures including: individual folders for each user, a shared folder for all users, and an administrative folder for designated users.
- Data Backup: Automatic nightly backups to tape, deleted files kept 90 days, encrypted copy sent off site daily.
- No emergency generator power
- Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM, with best effort support for system interruptions during after-hours
The Enterprise tier is intended for mission-critical data that requires service availability and protection. This storage is useful for our most important and highly regulated systems and data such as SAP, Epic, email, clinical data and financial data.
- Assistance with the creation of a customized folder and permissions hierarchy to only allow relevant users or groups access to content.
- Data Backup: Automatic nightly backups to tape, with up to three versions kept for 90 days, deleted files kept 180 days, encrypted copy sent off site daily.
- Option for users to recover files on their own from three different snapshots in the past twenty-four hours.
- Data replication to another site.
- Emergency generator power
- Personal folder quotas
- Seamless space expansion
- Monday-Friday, 7AM-7PM, with on-call support for system interruptions during after-hours
The average transfer rate is 20mb per second.
- Annual fee of $120 per 100GB
- Annual fee of $1,200 per 1TB
- Annual fee of $400 per 100GB
- Annual fee of $4,000 per 1TB
- Annual fee of $1,350 per 100GB
- Annual fee of $13,500 per 1TB