Chemical waste not suitable for drain or trash disposal must be collected and managed as chemical waste. Chemical wastes may present a hazard to human health and the environment and require appropriate management and disposal. All chemical wastes must be:
- disposed via EHS (unless approved for drain or trash disposal),
- placed into compatible and sealable containers,
- labeled with a yellow hazardous waste label with all constituents listed,
- closed at all times unless adding or removing chemicals, and
- stored in secondary containment within a designated chemical waste satellite accumulation area labeled with an approved Chemical Waste Satellite Accumulation Area Sign.
- place a chemical collection request using the online chemical collection request.