Training is an important component of an overall effective environmental health and safety program. Environmental Health and Safety has streamlined the safety training programs to provide core safety training programs and specialized safety training programs.
The core safety training programs are designed to provide the Weill Cornell community safety training tailored to everyone working in that environment. These customized training sessions will meet all their safety training requirements unless they conduct specialized work activities outlined in the specialized safety training programs. Core safety training programs include:
- Students: Student Safety Training
- Laboratorians: Laboratory Safety Training
- Clinicians: Clinical and General Safety Training
- Service Department Staff
- Administrative Staff: On-line Fire Safety Training
- Visitors and Volunteers: On-line Fire Safety Training
The specialized safety training programs must also be completed for those who conduct the following specialized work activities:
- Radiation Safety (register/more information)
- C-14 Laboratory Certificate of Fitness (FDNY) (register/more information)
- Biological Material and Dry Ice Shipments (register/more information)
- G-97 Cryogenic Liquids Certificate of Fitness (FDNY) (more information)
- Blood borne Pathogens (more information)
Training records and training certificates (click here for example) are available for training sessions provided by EHS. Contact Environmental Health and Safety to request information about other EHS-related courses or request a Training Certificate.