The United States Army Medical Research and Material Command (USAMRMC) requires adherence to strict safety standards and notifications by all grantees. This page has been created to help assist grantees comply with the USAMRMC safety requirements.
Weill Cornell Medical College maintains an approved facility-wide safety plan (see Status of Facility Safety Program Reviews and Approvals). Therefore, grantees may disregard the section of the approval letter discussing the preparation of a safety plan.
To request a signed Certificate of Environmental Compliance please use the following steps:
- Review the US Army approved WCMC Facility Safety Plan (Intranet only).
- Complete an EHS Army Grant Request form.
- Send completed EHS form and a copy of the lay abstract of the protocol to email@example.com
Once the aforementioned documents are sent to EHS, an EHS representative will:
- review the most recent Research Safety Checklist submission for your laboratory.
- meet with you in the proposed research laboratory to review practices and procedures as well as the approved USAMRMC facility safety plan.
- work with you to make any needed modifications.
- sign the necessary forms.
Annually, grant awardees will be required to submit to EHS an update describing any changes in the hazards, safety or occupational health practices from their originally planned USAMRMC research.