Criteria for Waiving Participation in the Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan
In order to waive enrollment in the Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan, students must obtain coverage that is comparable to our plan. Comparable coverage requires that the alternate plan:
- covers medically necessary care while you are in New York City, including inpatient hospitalization and outpatient benefits, such as office visits, outpatient laboratory and radiology procedures (coverage for emergency care only does not meet this requirement);
- covers emergency care while traveling or studying abroad;
- covers mental health care, inpatient psychiatric care, and treatment for chemical dependence;
- has a maximum benefit of at least $1,000,000 per year;
- covers you throughout WCMC Plan Benefit Year;
- covers pre-existing conditions prior to the start of the WCMC Plan Benefit Year;
- is provided by a company licensed to do business in the United States, with a U.S. office and telephone number;
- includes a limit on individual out–of&dahs;pocket expenses no greater than the annual premium for the Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan; and
- covers medically necessary drugs, including antiretrovirals given after a bodily fluid exposure.
An enrollment waiver must be completed annually. A waiver form can be completed at www.gallagherkoster.com/WCMC.