In the first segment of the curriculum (Fall of Year 01), Essential Principles of Medicine students learn the core concepts in the three fundamental themes of Science, Patient care and Physicianship required for the practice of medicine.
- Science domains acquaint students with basic science principles.
- Patient care teaches clinical skills.
- Physicianship focuses on professionalism, ethics and humanism.
- Pharmacology (Week 1)
- Genetics (Weeks 2 - 4)
- Cells, Tissues & Control Systems (Weeks 4 - 8)
- Metabolism & Nutrition (Weeks 9 - 11)
- Injury, Infection, Immunity & Repair (Weeks 11 - 15)
- Neoplasia (Weeks 16 & 17)
- Anatomy (Weeks 1-16)
- Patient Care & Physicianship (Weeks 1-17)
Domenick J. Falcone, PhD
Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
Lonny R. Levin, PhD