All teachers in the Medical College (full-time, part-time, voluntary faculty, post-doctoral fellows, residents, and graduate students) and all students are expected to be familiar with certain key policy statements and academic regulations. These include:
- WCMC mission statement (located on bar at right)
- Major academic regulations (located on bar at right) especially the honor code; use of computers, networks, and e-mail; student duty hours and attendance standards; the teacher-learner environment; and policies for leaves of absences and religious observances.
In addition, please familiarize yourself with the WCMC's school-wide educational objectives (located on right) and with the learning objectives of the specific course in which you are enrolled. These can be found by accessing the course pages at the following URL: http://weill.cornell.edu/education/curriculum/. “Course learning objectives” can be clicked on in the upper right of each course page. If you teach WCMC-Qatar students, please read the document on the right " Guiding Principles for the Educational Activities at WCMC in Qatar by the WCMC Faculty in New York."
You should also be aware of how to contact student health in an emergency, particularly in the case of needle stick injuries or exposure to blood and bodily fluids (see right). Important contact information for emergencies, administration, and course directors can also be accessed through this page (see right).
Other Useful WCMC Educational Sites
- Individual Course Sites: access through the following URL: http://weill.cornell.edu/education/curriculum/. Access to secure course pages of ANGEL requires enrollment and login with a password.
- Student Course Evaluations: students and faculty can access the secure E-Value course evaluation site to complete course evaluation forms (students) or view student feedback on teachers (individual faculty), through the following URL: https://www.e-value.net.
- Course Evaluation Data: general evaluation data on the basic science courses can be accessed by members of WCMC community with a CWID through the following URL: https://edcenter.med.cornell.edu/auth/OCED/stu_eval_surveys.html.
- Copyright: Best Practices: useful information for faculty and students can be accessed through the following URL: http://weill.cornell.edu/education/curriculum/copyright.html.
- Student Affairs: contains useful information about student life, student government (MSEC), community service, and can be accessed through the following URL: http://weill.cornell.edu/education/student/stu_lif.html.
- Programs: contains information about the Tri-institutional MD/PhD Program, the Global Health Program, CME, and other educational programs, and can be accessed through the following URL: http://weill.cornell.edu/education/programs/.
- Facilities: contains information about the Weill Education Center, Educational Web Services, and Audio/Visual Services, and can be accessed through the following URL: http://weill.cornell.edu/education/resources/.
- Admissions: including information on financial aid, can be accessed through the following URL: http://weill.cornell.edu/education/admissions/.
Medical Education Task Force Recommendations, Approved 2007
- Faculty Member's Teaching-Mentoring Requirement
- Course Director Transition
- Course Leadership Compensation
- Faculty Recruitment for Teaching Activities