Students and faculty are responsible for their actions when using the Medical College’s computers, electronic communications and network systems, whether or not their transgressions are intentional, accidental and/or can be corrected.
Users of Medical College computers and network systems shall:
- Respect the privacy of other users' information, whether or not the information is securely protected.
- Respect the ownership and intellectual property rights of proprietary and commercial software, including not using unauthorized copies of software even where the software may not be copy protected.
- Respect the finite capacity of a computer system and limitations of use so as not to interfere unreasonably with the activity of other users.
- Respect procedures (posted in computer facilities and/or online) established to manage use of the computer system.
- Respect the rights of others not to be harassed, intimidated, or otherwise receive intrusive or inflammatory information through the computer system.
- Respect the Medical College’s policies regarding the use of computers as specified by the Office of Academic Computing (OAC).